8.02.2010

advent of something

even in my frustration,
there are so many things to be thankful for.
the Lord is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger, and rich in love.

i am so indecisive,
but the Lord knows everything.
He knows everything i need.
i am so quick to become angry,
but the Lord has patience and understanding.
i am fainting, growing weary,
but the Lord remains ever firm.
my heart and my flesh are failing,
but He is my portion forever.
i am inconsiderate and difficult,
but the Lord loves me still.
i am frightened,
but God is holding my hand.
i am constantly searching,
(searching for things that don't satisfy)
but God gives me Himself.
i think i am always right,
but the Lord gently corrects.
i am easily offended;
i have difficulty forgiving,
but the Lord's mercy covers me.

i praise Him when it's easy;
i cry when it's hard.
i cry when i worship;
i try to worship when i cry.
(this is more difficult.)


i sometimes find myself in the desert,
where my soul longs for water.
i am thirsty.
and i see You there.
despite myself, You find me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment