6.22.2010

the comfort of You near is what i long for

i love firsts in life. yesterday one happened to me. but it wasn't super loveable. it involved the ocean, something squishy and jelly-like, a stinging sensation, and the entirety of my left shin. in the realm of jellystings, though, it was minor.

in other news of firsts, i am really excited for jen's wedding. second to Jesus, the prospect of seeing jen and david get married and the dancing afterwards is what is getting me through this week relatively stress-free. even though i think i have plenty of things i could be stressing about, i have found that it is really not worth the stress. God's going to do what He's going to do... with or without my careful planning, perfect preparation, or practice.

the past few weeks have really been an exercise in letting go. even though i don't feel any perfect confirmation about the things i'm doing, i know that the Lord is in everything. i haven't been feeling much at all recently, as i normally would. in praying about it, i think the Lord is teaching me to trust Him even when i don't feel the evidences of His presence. this is the essence of faith, right? being certain of something i can't feel.

i bought brooke fraser's cd "albertine" about a week ago. it is awesome. give it a listen. the Lord has been using it to speak to me.

when i can't feel You, i have learned to reach out just the same
when i can't hear You, i know You still hear every word i pray
and i want You more than i want to live another day
and as i wait for You, maybe i'm made more faithful
-brooke fraser, "faithful"

i rejoice in the Lord, for He is renewing me day by day. He is pouring out His grace and mercy in my heart. He is making me strong. He is growing in me a faithful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment